Welcome to our journey. On March 9th, 2009, our 11 year old daughter tested positive for Systemic Scleroderma, a rare autoimmune disease.

As we follow Kara's health very closely, watching for and treating symptoms, but anticipating healing, we hope that through our journey, you will become our prayer partner, you will be encouraged and find hope in your own circumstances.

"As for me, I will always have hope, I will praise you more and more."
~Psalm 71:14 NIV

Monday, May 11, 2009

What a week!


Kara's blessing turned out to be quite a pain! Her rash didn't begin getting better until Thursday. It was very uncomfortable and itchy. Once it began getting better, it healed up quickly, though! YAY, God! By Thursday evening, she said, "Mom, I've got to go to school tomorrow." Boy, did I agree!

She went to school, then we hurried off to an event at a church out-of-town. We had a great time at New Hope in Cotati. It was An Elegant Affair: Chocolate by Candlelight. I think Kara regrets the amount of chocolate and dippers she ate that night. She was so exhausted from Friday, that on Saturday she missed her tennis match and just couldn't get it together for our Mother's Day luncheon at our own church. We are learning how to handle Kara's fatigue, unfortunately, the hard way.

Mother's Day itself was a great day for us as a family...and we were home early enough to get to bed early. 8-) See, we are learning.

Today Kara had a follow-up with our Family Practioner in regards to her Thyroid. Her Thyroxine (T4) is low, so she will begin taking a low dose of Levothyroxine to bring it back up to the normal range. We are hoping that this may help her fatigue, constipation, muscle aches/cramps, and personally...her forgetfulness! LOL She has seemed quite forgetful, so a mom can hope, right??

Kori also had an appointment today...for lower abdominal pain. Oh, grrrr! Remember, we had her tested, so I am confident she does not have Scleroderma. She has an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow morning. Please say a little prayer for her. They are looking at her gallbladder, among other possibilities, but very common possibilities.

God is in control. He loves us. He is our comfort. He is our provider. He is our healer. He is our Deliverer.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." ~Psalm 28:7 NIV

1 comment:

  1. I have had decent results with T4. It might make her a little hungry, though! For me it was great because I ate normally and lost ten pounds. It seems to be sluggish in people with autoimmune conditions.

    ReplyDelete